Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Season of Hope-- Letter to All


"The golden moments in the stream of life push past us and we see nothing but sand;
The angels come to visit us and we only know them when they are gone;
We shall not cease from exploration;
And the end of all our exploring shall be to arrive where we started;
And know the place for the first time."
T.S. Eliot
_______________________________
My Letter to All--
Dear Family, Friends, Creditors and Voyeurs--
As we enter a new year with a whimper and a sigh, I thought it fitting to remind you of your responsibilities to make mine a happy one. This can be easily accomplished... by simply being yourself and loving one another, as I treasure each of you.
Fullness of times, it certainly is!! And based on years of histerical data, I will probably repeat my performance; however, what is truly astounding is that life gets somehow better inspite of receiving a "C-" in acquisition American style.
I have come to believe that I must be a man for all seasons... snatching defeat from the jaws of success with amazing regularity. How wonderful the weakness, how I have come to enjoy the satire of my efforts.
In case the upbeat tone of this is too much for some of you... grab a valium and bear in mind that I probably overstate... and that my nihilistic attitude stems from being unable, personally, to defy gravity or change the course of mighty rivers, reduce my carbon footprint or downsize to win the Nobelly Prize by simply living within my seams!
We sink into paradox with our whiny egos until at last it becomes clear what an absolutely marvelous sense of humour Father has, if we can only wipe away the tears long enough to see it.
If you read behind the lines of these semi-sarcastic ramblings you will see my effort to bring you a little smile, which I believe is ever present at the birth of hope.
And so I am reminded once again of what a handful I am. And how fortunate to have known each of you, all of whom are especially endowed with more perspicacity than one might expect in the world at large.
I am grateful to you for your love and forbearance.
I think of you with a prayer that your experiment with life brings you joy
and you and I closer in mutual understanding.
I remain--
Uncle RICO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are all fortunate to have you